KSI range of Instrument transformers are electrical devices used to isolate or simply transform voltage or current levels to measurable levels. Typical applications of instrument transformers include Metering - high voltage or high current circuits and Safety - isolating secondary control circuitry from the high voltages or currents.
Typically, the primary of the transformer is connected to the high voltage or high current circuit, and the secondary to a meter or relay.
With the use of Instrument Transformers, the large voltage and current of an AC Power system can be measured by using small rating measuring instrument i.e. 5 A, 110 – 120 V. Also measuring instruments can be standardized. Which results in reduction of cost of measuring instruments.
KSI provides solutions for two types of Instrument Transformers - Current Transformers (CTs) and Potential (Voltage) Transformers (PTs)
- Designed as per Industry preferred standards of IS, IEC, C-57
- Standard LTCTs with secondary currents of 5A or 1A
- Standard LTPTs with secondary voltage range 30V to 0.72kV
- Custom secondary currents and voltage possible
- Secondary burden 1VA to 30VA
- LTCTs with dual rations can be offered
- Single or three phase units available
- Varnished Fibreglass/ PVC Tape insulated, Resin cast Or Nylon molded constructions available.
- Special CT and PT as per customer specific requirement can be done with ease